Saturday, December 25, 2004

An update from the road

Well, lets hear it for wireless access! I am sitting in a hotel room in Chattanooga, Tn right now, only 2 blocks from the original Chattanooga Choo-choo. Been there, seen that, got minorly impressed.



I do enjoy our trips down south because the way of life here is so different from SE Ohio. For example, yesterday we spend close to 4 hours in the largest mall in all of Tennessee. No big deal right? Well, it was the day before Christmas so everyone and their brother were shopping there for last minute gifts (Like us). Okay, still no big difference right? Wrong, something I noted to Judi was not in that entire time did anyone bump into me. She said she accidentally backed in to someone because she stumbled and they apologized to her. Ah, the refreshing politeness of the South. One of the FEW things I miss. To tell the truth, if I could import the politeness and the food to SE Ohio, I would think there would never be a reason to leave again. Everyone here drives the speed limit, plus an extra 20 mph. So in a 55 zone, most people are doing 75, even the cops, who do not seem to notice. Now in most places like say Cleveland, this would be taking your life in your hands as well as your license. Down here though, everyone in still quite polite, even on the road. Stay to the right if your going slower, signal and then go for it. Everyone will make room for you to change lanes even. Still, to me it is quite odd, but nonetheless enjoyable.



So tomorrow we start the great journey back to the hills of Ohio. The mountains here are nice and big, but there is something that it palatably missing from them. I am not sure what it is, but it is obvious to both Judi and I this is not home. That is where we will be soon enough.



So, next update will most likely be from Moosebase Alpha, baring any more freak storms rolling down from Canada.



I still think they have some sort of secret hidden weather machine up there and test it on us every now and then so they can sell us more road salt.



Till next time,

Be mindful and awake!





Have a happy whatever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment