Monday, May 7, 2007

And the wheel advances.

While I am sure a great number of my readers are already aware, but for those 3 or 4 who are not I’ll let you in on a little something.

I got married on the 5th of May! Happy Cinco De Mayo! Viva Los Revolution! Celebrate Mayonnaise!

Okay, enough of my silliness, at least here. The ceremony was at Stuart’s Opera House in Nelsonville. Look here for some of the history and very cool pictures. To say Judi looked beautiful was an understatement. It is rare to see someone look so at ease in period dress clothing, but man did she pull it off! (I am /so/ lucky!)Check this out: She is the one in red.

I am sure there will be more pictures soon as everyone gets a chance to upload things. Photo credits and props to Tom, who as usual was “Major Domo, Mr. I am too prepared for this life and the next”. Thanks for your help Dude. The ceremony was quite nice (Thank you Mr. Torquil! You need to do more stage stuff bud, you have the Fish’s and my stage presence!) and went off without a hitch. The hardest part to deal with was Judi and her giggling. At least she didn’t squeek. Then there were the flying feathers from her fan, attacking the various members of the wedding party. But like true professionals, the show went on. To tell a little tale on myself and how out of it I was, here is a little side story:

So I am standing up there with Judi after being informed that everything was going fine and the rings had already been given to Torquil as that was seen as a potential point of failure in the whole shebang. So, there I am, brain lost like the little ADD kid with too much sugar and caffeine and a set of mismatched 500 piece puzzles missing 5 pieces. I look over at Torquil’s hand and notice “Hey, his wedding band looks a lot like mine…how weird is that?” Then it hit me “Hey idiot! That /IS/ Your wedding ring!” Yea, the brain was totally gone. I remember repeating some cool lines and Torquil talking but mostly I was transfixed on Judi. Did I mention how lovely she looked? Than suddenly, I got to kiss her (One of my favorite parts of the ceremony. I almost asked if we could do that part again.) Then it was off the stage to the rear of the opera house. This was followed shortly by the photographs, all 6 billion of them. It is kind of funny when the person who is taking gets a chair and sets down to keep shooting (Thank you Phil!)
Then we went to the reception. My bodyguard (ie Barbara) made sure I ate and had coffee and got dressed and…Well, without Barb things most likely would not have run as smoothly. Thank you dearheart! Also thanks to Dan who kept not just us but the majority of the guests entertained just by being himself. Then there is the rock of stability we all seem to cling to until she hurts our brain, Heather (Can I have the keys to your truck? *insert manical evil grin*) Thank you Little Sister! Meredith was about two steps ahead of me all the time (Reach for jacket, it is already unbuttoned and handed to me. Think of getting a little nibble, plates of food appears.) Thank you so very much for being there for us in our few hours of severe confusion.

Then lastly, there was Peter, my brother. I must say he comported himself as a respectable gentleman and I was quite proud of him. He was well dressed, helpful, attentive and just down right handy. Props and respect to my Brother who did represent on all fronts. To say I was impressed is an understatement. He has become a good man and worthy of admiration.

Till next time,
Be mindful and awake

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I love reliving the day through your words, love. :) You have such a way with them.

    I'm so lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete