Thursday, June 10, 2004

You say goodbye and I say hello.

Of late I have had to say goodbye to too many people. Kari is off for Scotland, Ben is going back to the UK for good and Christina is leaving for Denmark. On top of this, I had to say goodbye to my friend Linda, as she has gone on to another dimension, one I hope is much happier for her as she deserves it. Yes, she died. I can say it, but it is still not something I like to discuss. Just another goodbye. Some are only for a short time, a day maybe two. Others are for months and even years. Some are perhaps forever. Those are the ones I have the most. Sometimes the universe changes things when it needs to, but it does not mean I have to like it. Not that the cosmos checks with me before doing anything anyway. Gee, talk about spamming up your email box. Besides, what do I care if it is going to rain geckos in Swaziland. Let them learn to fly for all I care. I always seem to prefer to say see you later as there is always a chance I will, although for some albeit a slim one. It does kind of wear on you a little after a while. Every 4 years, you know they are going to be leaving for the most part. Some earlier, some never. Still this does not stop me from making friends with them, even for a short period of time, not more than a partial wink of the cosmic eye when put in perspective. Is it a form of immortality for me? Yea, I think it is as they carry the stories of us out into the world. I like that idea. So if you say goodbye, do not be surprised if I say hello.





No comments:

Post a Comment