Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hit and Run

First let me post something from a recent comment I received via my blog, in it’s entirety, without any editing:



“LOL ... Those are some old buildings man, And before the floodwall was erected, That main street was under the Ohio several times. These things being considered i suppose the musty odor might be expected. As for the feelings, lol I suppose if you've heard about the place's history and the "Mothman" BEFORE you came into town, you'd either consciously or unconsciously be LOOKING for something (ANYTHING) out of the ordinary, Therefore ... You'd find it surely enough. As for the "Dread" ... WHAT? LOL I have left this place so many times only to have it welcome me back warmly, Dread as in not having a great deal of opportunity for graduates perhaps but then again as iv'e said: Iv'e been around and seen SEVERAL of towns with THAT kind of "Dread" ... Yea this place is alright and i have a hard time imagining a MALE anyway ... being afraid to walk ANYWHERE short of the Little Algiers section of New Orleans or perhaps the Hill District in Pittsburgh and places of the like ... I certainly can't imagine anyone being afraid of a little old rural town with a spook story that's around 40 years old. One last thing ... lol These are POWER plants LOL There are NO NUCLEAR plant's around here. LOL”



It was unsigned. Apparently whomever this was cannot effectively use the shift key for what ever reason and from the amount of “LOL” that has been used can not be bothered to try and make a witty comment without a cymbal crash to clue us in to the fact it was funny.



Now granted, perhaps I did have some preconceived notions before I went to Point Pleasant. I can agree to that, without hesitation, but one does not go anywhere without preconception, unless heavily medicated, as I would most likely recommend for the author of this anonymous comment.



As for questions about my masculinity, I take great offence at this. Prior to such a comment I tried to keep an open mind, but when a poltroon initiates such personal attacks, I have a tendency to loose any objectivity. I would be more than willing to address this with the person who would not even identify themselves at a time and place of their choosing, in a manner of their comfort. All I request is their card and their seconds contact information. I would wager I could call upon any of my friends to second for me, be they male or female. Also, it would be nice to know where to send the flowers when I am finished with them as I feel I would make any correction to their improper attitude most permanent. This is not a threat by any means, as those who do know me know I do not make idle threats. If you consider yourself “man” enough to utter such words, then be willing to stand by them or sulk off into the vast wastes of the net, never to return, like the coward you have shown yourself to be until this point.



And lastly, the power plants comment. I have never claimed to be an expert in the visual recognition of power plants from a moving vehicle. My observation of the plant were mostly of the twin cooling towers that are of the same visual design as many other nuclear plants. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks then to assume it is a duck is not a mental fallacy. If it turns out it is not a duck, then be gracious and admit it is not a duck. So therefore, a power plant, no matter conventional or nuclear, is not a duck.



Till next time,

Be mindful and awake.

PS And learn to use the shift key!





5 comments:

  1. Bryian
    If, by some remote chance, you should get his card and his second's contact information, please forward the contact information to me. I'd be happy to make the arrangements and stand beside you. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. If the fuck-wit (can I say "fuck-wit" here?) lacks the maners and fortitude to sign his post I'm sure replying is out of the question. This is assuming he even understands what you've just invited him to.

    Torquil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to inform the poltroon, but I was in Point Pleasant -before- I knew about Mothman and it felt weird there. But then, little West Virginia towns have always felt weird to me.

    Might be because I grew up in the one civilized city in West Virginia and the smaller towns always felt like they were either stuck in the past or there were so few opportunities for growth there that a lot of people and culture stagnated in them. As a kid I didn't have words for it, but as an adult I can figure out it probably had a lot ot do with economics, culture or lack thereof and a homogenous population.

    In short, small towns in West Virginia creep me out because they are economically depressed, tend to be filled with people who live under said conditions and thus develop any number of unsalutory personalities and such wonderful qualities as racism and xenophobia flourish in the nooks and crannies of these places.

    This is from a West Virginia native, so I know whereof I speak. Others may disagree, but well, I see what I see and I call it like I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeheehee.

    I am the only one allowed to question your masculinity. I take exception to some yahoo claiming my rabbit-given rights.

    *bigBugskissies!*

    P.S. I coulda told you those weren't nuke plants -- but, yeah, they are creepy, and give the area a certain 1950's, Monster of the Atom sort of feel. I thought they were nukes too, the first time I went through Point Unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a similar mistake this week until Nikki explained to me that the egg cup shape is just the most economical for cooling towers for power plants, and that now all forms of power plants use them.
    If the moron turns out to be in Europe, don't forget you have a crack assassination team in myself, Kari, and Christina on site and ready to go.
    And I thought the mothman post was so good that its got me thinking of it as a zenofben plot line - Bryian Versus the Mothman. I'm off to do some research right now... Of course first I have to draw the rescue Kari from an alternate dimension story... And I do have a groovy idea for a detective agency of psychics... But there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...That's not bad. Bryian versus Mothman is far easier to do than my Elvis versus Mothman in "Bubba Mothman." Plus, Bry's a little easier to fake. Just black jeans, a BDU cap, and a technogeeky tee shirt. No rhinestones or big pompadour hairdos...(Nevermind. Scratch that. I've seen Bry when he's just woken up.)

    Bry's estate also probably wouldn't sue my ass off ;-)_

    ReplyDelete