Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The event passes

Well the event has come and gone so life will slow up a tad. Not much but a little at least till spring.

It is now Tuesday, December 11, 2007 and I am still sick. I got a cold free with the event and a bonus of straining out my voice from playing herald and for MCing feast, albeit badly by my own estimation. I guess the sick was getting to me even then. I have done better, but still they did not throw fruit.

Judi won "Peer's Choice" in the Baronial A&S competition. Not shabby at all. I entered some cheese. It was okay, but the cheddar I made to go with feast was miles beyond it. Wish I had entered that instead. Not a single piece of it survived the night.

So, with some trepidation and wet feet from arrow hunting I"ll keep this one short.

Oh, yea, I am the Baronial Thrown Weapons Champion now too.

Till next time,

Be mindful and awake

1 comment:

  1. You were fine as MC. The crowd was dead. Trust me, I stood in front of it often enough.

    Thanks for stepping up into the role. I know I was slated to, but with the nightmare that is my Mundane Life lately, I don't know if I could have done it.

    The cheese was REALLY good too! STRONG! And so was Judi's embroidery, (not tasty or strong, but VERY well done,) but I do gotta say that McKenna's period Hurdy Gurdy, (yeah, documentation called it a "Symphonium," but he called it a Hurdy Gurdy when I was playing with it,) build from scratch with no plans and only the strings and the drawer pull he used on the crank bought off-the-shelf was pretty darned impressive, (so impressive that he's probably going to do one for me in the next year or so! Look out Known Worlde! Daniel the Fishmonger will soon be accompanied by the worlds most OBNOXIOUS musical instrument! "Let's take the WORST parts of a violin, and combine them with the WORST parts of bagpipes!)

    Also, congrats on the Thrown Weapons Champion! Guess Darrah was right, "If it sticks, it's a good day!"

    Ta!

    -D the F

    (Today's secret word is "egmcaf")

    ReplyDelete