Friday, September 12, 2003

And the wheel turns....

I woke up this am to the news that Johnny Cash had died. I remember hearing him on the jukebox when I was about 6yrs old and wondering about the man in the box. I think most little kids did, as for now, I can not say. I do not like country and western music. Never have. I always found it too banal and depressing. The man in black had fun with it. He told stories, not just whined. Even those that were, in truth, depressing always had some part of a redeaming quality. It speaks volumes about a persons talent when people who do not like him music can still say they respect him for his work.



I have considered death for a while now. Reading some of the buhddist texts makes you do that. As for answers I have none. Now, I have many more questions. I would love to ask the Dali Lama (someone I have a great deal of respect for) a lot of questions. I would think he would have the answers or at least could tell me where I had to look. Then again, part of me does not want to be responsable for driving such a wonderful and compassionate man insane with my rambelings. If you are one of my readers, you should question yourself and your grip on the real world.



It is Friday! Ah, my favorite day of the week. Here in lies the gateway to the weekend, that blissful place we all seem to strive for and lament its passing. Gamming and friends will abound tonight. There will be much rejoycing. There will be enjoyment and fun for all. If not, I am gonna bust some heads. I have my cane, and I am not afraid to use it. In a sense, Friday nights are group thearapy for me, a release. I can be myself with people who let me be just that. I can speak my mind on any subject that I want. I learn from them. To me, this is freedom.



9-11 came and went. I think it will fall into the same catagory as when Kennedy was shot. Do you remember exactly where you were when you got the news? Most people do and will never forget it. A moment in time locked in our collective psyche. Now, 2 years later, our world is very diffrent. War has come and gone. I think in general we as a people feel no better. Thing about americans is we share our pain. When we hurt we make sure someone else hurts too. This will mark an era I belive. To take a quote from B5 - We mark our history by our wars, not our peace.



Till next time, be mindful and awake.







No comments:

Post a Comment