Tuesday, September 9, 2003

Buddist truth, reality, and frozen hamburger

Well, time to update again. I seem to be letting more and more time slide between updates. A mental fad for me? Could be, more obviously it has been a very busy few days. When you begin to make a distinct choice between sleep and eating, you know you need to slow down a bit.



Anyway, my readings of late have focused on the words of Buddha. Concepts of self and reality. To be more precises, non concepts that do not include a reality, a non reality, a self and a nonself. This stuff can make your brain hurt real bad sometimes. Altho, I must say that I have gleaned a few tidbits here and there that will most likely stay with me for a while.

Example:

If you can not find truth where you are, where will you look for it?



Deep hu? Mystical, bordering on the edge of confusing. I find much of it that way. I have the worst time with some of the names. Varishnuwannpingfangalangabingdong - The Bhodisatva of Confusion and Enlightenment. Called Bob by his friends. Along this general line came something on Saturday that I feel the need to share. Consider for a moment a buddhist monk. Okay, you got your picture from a cheezy kung-fu movie, but that will work.



Now, make him Elivs. Shaved head with the sideburns and a sequin robe.

Hey baby..Ohm..I said Ohm...Wanna reach Nirvana? Bring me a peanutbutter an 'nanner sandwich...The Buddha has left the building....



Anyway, so last night I somehow injured myself making dinner. Yes, kitchen accident. Somehow I got solidly frozen hamburger jammed up under my thumbnail. To quote Dr. Evil "It's quite breathtaking, I assure you..." Not many people can understand how stupid you feel with friozen hamburger jammed under your nail as you look at it and your mind tries to reconsile this thing that has happened. Perhaps it was the cows last act of defiance. If it were, I can respect it and take the blow well thrown and honestly.



Well, off into life again..wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment