Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Perspectives

Let me put the past week into perspective for everyone:

I saw Elvis.

Normally this would have bothered me quite a bit, but for two reason it did not. One, Judi saw him as well. Kinda skinny with a blue sequined jumpsuit and the bootblack trademark hair. Two, this is Athens. Because of two, after a while you get used to seeing the oddest things and commenting with something like - My, That is a bit odd- and leaving it alone. Now, the confusion was complied when you take into consideration /where/ we saw him. Wal-Mart. Yep, the King was chilling in the snack bar. My, that is a bit odd.

So I go to get the car so Judi does not have to trek out to it and on the windshield is a flyer. Not too strange. Bright red and very easy to see. I pulled it from under the wiper and gave it a quick read: See Elvis Live in his Christmas Show!

Elvis...Christmas Show...When did Elvis become a part of the christmas tradition? Turkey, tree, presents and Elvis. A little further reading of the flyer helps to put it all into perspective. It is taking place in Meigs County. Okay, sure, why not? Wonder if I can have Graceland for christmas? Doubtful.



My mood of late has not been the best. I have been in general avoiding people besides Judi. I do that as a protective measure for those around me as I know what I am like when I get like this, there is just little I can do about it. I think a lot of it has to do with my creative side. Part of it could be due to the lack of sun too. Hail and all glory to Judi for putting up with me of late. To say she is patient would be like saying The Rockies are a little large. If you see her, thank her. She keeps me in check most of the time thereby making the world a safer place. Writing in general has been a lot like pulling a painful bad tooth using a little kids set of hollow plastic pliers. Painful when you can bring yourself to do it but something you need to do none the less. I do get minor fits of creative satisfaction like the base for the goblet I made Judi. That came out good, not great, but good. Judi says I am my own worst critic. Or the traditional tomahawk I made and decorated for my adopted neice Morgana. I think she will like it, least I hope so. What else are wierd old uncles good for if not to toss a kid a surprise now and then? More often than not though, the creative side of me will get all fired up and I'll get all hyped about a project, get all set up to do it and finaly set down and then, nothing. Poof, the muse has left the building. Stupid bitch! What a fricking tease.



Anyway, enough pissing and moaning out of me. I'll update again soonly, I hope.



Till next time, be mindful and awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment