Friday, November 28, 2003

Wow

I am not sure I can put what I just saw into words but I will try. Bear with me.



It was unlike anything I had ever seen. Massive wave upon wave of humanity rushing forward crashing against each other and the landscape. Goth and Visigoth surging forward to loot and pillage all around them. I stood shocked and silent as the waves of the insane washed around me like a standing rock at the shore. I was dashed upon and hammered by the surge. I heard the yells of frightened women, the screams of children and the haunted eyes of war weary men who no longer really saw where they were. The elderly caught up in this bloodbath clutched to each other and where ever they could to steel themselves against the onslaught. I could smell the fear and adrenaline in the air. It was salty with sweat as I passed through the lines where fragments of the day lay strewn about, layer upon layer, and the spoils of war passing from hand to hand. Fresh troops moving in as others, spent in all their energy fell back to safety. A few kind, if misplaced, souls were walking among the masses passing out food and drink to those who had fallen by the wayside. Anywhere could be a place to rest as the throngs clashed in mortal combat, with no clear victory for anyone. It was human horror at its height, unlike anything I had witnessed before. Yes, I just came back from Wal-Mart, and it's not even 10 am.



Turkey day was spent mostly at home working on things I should get done. Not really house work, but projects. Judi saved me from doing the dishes /YAY Judi!!!/. In the late afternoon we adjourned to my sisters and met up with the family for the turkey dismemberment. Pete carved for his first time, so dismemberment is not too far from the truth. Always seemed like some sort of right of manhood when you get to carve the turkey. Seems like something the Shel-Mik-Edmu would do. Take this ritual weapon..Magunga!..Yes, you are now a man; begin the ritual dismemberment of the sacrificial bird. Did you end up with all the fingers you started with? Good. Hamammas...Now go get your gourd to wear.



Well, got to get back to working on a few things and start dinner /Yes, 9:45 am and I am starting dinner for 7pm tonight./ Lentil and pork roast stew. Big pig! Yummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment