Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Return of "The Package From Hell"

Well, it finally arrived on the 18TH of October. It traveled more than 4000 miles on the great trek, amassing more than two times the mileage on my bike before it arrived. As you can see from the picture below, it looks it as well. Since when did UPS sort packages with a baseball bat? Needless to say there were things missing from the package. No horn or muffler bracket. I am surprised it actually made it with the crash bar intact.







So, now the story continues.

Since there were parts missing I called Upstairs Downstairs, my closest dealer. I talked to Jason again who said he would take care of it. I must say he has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make this fiasco work out. If anyone from U/D reads this, thank him again for me. And if it is the owner of U/D who reads this, give this guy a raise, he makes you look real good!



So, with it pouring down rain for day number 3, I still have yet to install the bar, nor investigate what the rattle in the top end of the motor is. Oh well, I did want a bike I could work on.



I did see something last night as we were leaving Ohio University last night, there in the motorcycle parking lot looked to be a 500ES. I’ll have to go check it out. Woo Hoo another Enfield in Athens. With the guy I talked to recently who just bought a 350; that will make 3! Just a few more and we will have enough to make the Beemer riders jealous. We have a lot of people who drive “Classic” BMW’s here, somewhere in the area of like 10 to 15. Now that may not seem like much, but when the towns population is like 30 thousand when school is in session, it is a pretty good ratio.

1 comment:

  1. Geez, Bryian! Here I am complaining about every problem that comes my way, which get usually resolved within a week, and this thing STILL isn't resolved for you! Kudos to know for not taking a baseball bat to something - anything! (Try the squirrels. ;) ) Keep us all posted on when this finally sorts itself out, yah?

    Kari

    ReplyDelete