Friday, October 31, 2003

Friday, T minus 16 hours and counting

Well here it is again. We moved gamming to Saturday night again this week for a good reason. Out of the blue a friend of mine showed up to SCA on Tuesday. / Were having a party on Friday, I want you all to come./ Karen is such a sweetheart, how could I say no because of gamming? She thought I had moved out of town. Well no, I have not even moved in town. I live 2 blocks from her and her husband Howie and have not really seen them in 10 years much. My own fault as much as anyones.



Athens is getting ready for /Invasion of the Beer Guzzling Idiots/ , also known as Halloween. For the next two days our little town will turn from a simple semi-quite place to live to Mardi Gras on Acid! They take over the center of town, a whole 2 blocks from here, and drink and yell till the wee hours. Well, at least when you do get to sleep it is dead quiet. Now you may thinking that like 500 or so people show up. Wrong, big time. We are talking THOUSANDS of people. It will be nuts to the nth degree. Imagine a standard 2-lane city street. Make it 5 blocks long. Now fill every square foot of it with people. I'm not kidding it is that packed. Now add in hundreds of private parties and maybe you have a vague idea of what we are facing. Wish us luck.



I will port a little about the party later on this weekend or next week.



Till next time, faithful readers. Be mindful and awake and happy Samhain





PS - Before I forget some good news. Seems someone out there reads my writings for our local SCA newsletter. I won the William Blackfox Awards for AS XXXVII - Best Continual Feature. Tres Cool, no? :) This is a competition with all the newsletters, now get this part, in the WORLD! Not too shabby for the kid who always failed English.



You can check out the webpage at http://www.sca.org/officers/chronicler/blackfox-awards.html

No comments:

Post a Comment