Monday, October 27, 2003

Hey an update!!!!!!!!

Long time between updates again, I know.



I could make a lot of excuses, but I will not this time. It has just been life in general. Quite a bit has gone on of late so I will head into the short version. I was sick, now I am not. Judis Grandmother died, then we made a flying trip to Tennessee for the funeral and we came back. We did not actually fly, but I found I do enjoy driving at 70 miles per hour, the legal speed limit in Tennessee. After driving like that 55 seems like walking for some reason.



Now for a few more details and observations from the past few days; all right, 2 weeks.



Part of me misses living down south. Part of me does not. I still love the cooking and the general demeanor of people down there. People in general seem nicer and more polite. For example, I do not think the entire time we were down there Judi ever got to open a door. If it was not myself, someone else opened it for her. Heck, at one point a little 8 or so year old kid ran past the two of us quite carefully so he could hold the door for her. He was quite proud of the fact he could hold the door for a lady. I wish I had a picture of his smile when I passed and said /Thank you, sir./ Manners deserve manners.

I asked the lady at the desk for directions to Ruby Falls. She had that thick Deep South accent and answered with a smile /Why, it is just a left, a right, and a left/ I mentally added / Your actually gonna go there, bless you pea picking little heart / She did clarify for me, and it was exactly as she said left right left Bless her pea picking little heart



One bad side effect of me going down south is my accent has returned somewhat. On Friday when we got back I was nearly incomprehensible to the locals here. Needless to say, Judi just loves it and is surprised that my accent was thicker then hers. I am starting to return to a semi normal speech pattern again.



We stopped by Ruby Falls, a natural cave and falls located inside Lookout Mountain. I was in awe to say the least. I cannot even begin to describe the wonders of this place. If you ever get the chance to go, spend the hour and a half and you will be glad you did.



Other than the heavy-duty drive both ways the trip was somewhat uneventful. That is a good thing I would say. I passed thru Kentucky twice without incident. Therefore the area of taint must be localized to La Grange, KY. Take heed of my words and avoid La Grange. There is something evil there. Ask me in person some time and I will tell you about what happened. I will never go there again, ever.



On to other things: Of late I have noticed my interest peaking in the areas of mountain man technology, even before the trip to the mountains. Still waiting for a new book on their gear to arrive. This is why I have been on the flint and steel kick. Made a few other things last weekend at Robbins. I also perfected a tinder match. It is much better than charcloth.



Well, that is it for now, more news as it happens.



HEY BLOGGER! FIX THE PUNTUATION PROBLEMS THIS STINKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment