Monday, October 13, 2003

Mission Sucessful!

Well, after a multistate effort, the Fish and his wife Heather have now moved into new quarters. Again, the Amazon Moving Company(tm) did an outstanding job with nothing broken in the move that we know of. The quote for the move was /I keep waiting for the little car to show up full of people with red noses and big shoes!/ Yea, it was a circus, but we are professionals and got thru the whole thing with only a few pulled muscles and no blood. All in all, I give it a 9 out of 10 for our efforts. Ask me sometime about the giant gophers and the evil mole people, this one is a hoot to say the least, but needs to be told.



I made a great achievement this weekend. Now some of you will laugh when you read this, but wait till the end.



I made fire.



Yea, I know lots of people make fire, but I did it with flint and steel. I made the striker, chipped the flint, made some awesome char cloth and it all worked. There is something that is satisfied deep within a person when they can make fire with just a spark and tinder. You may not understand all this, but once you do it, you get to understand the magical fascination with fire. It is an almost religious experience. I read on a web page that someone felt it was truly a magical experience since you brought the fire into being with a few simple elements. I can see that.



I am mostly over that uncommon cold that has been plaguing me for the past week or so. Needless to say it has hampered my writing a bit.



Oh, new link to pass on from my favorite FrootLoop to her blog: http:\\slupine.diaryland.com





No comments:

Post a Comment