Thursday, August 21, 2003

The adventure continues....

Well, this evening my bud Tom will be comming to town for a visit. Yes, my faithful companion (He hates the term side-kick) Tom-to!

The Lone Stranger Rides again!!!



Lone Stranger: Tom-to we need some information and more mountain dew. Go to town and see what you can find.

Tom-to:No

Lone Stranger:Oh, why not? Come on man!

Tom-to:No way, Kemotherapy. You go to town. I'm not going to get my ass beat again.

Lone Stranger:Alright, then lets go to Wall Mart.

Tom-to:Much better, no one gets their ass beat at Wall Mart...



Alright, it's not like that. Tom does not get his ass beat every time he goes to town. But hey, made for a short funny dialog, right?



Okay, now on to one of my more asurbic and pissy rants. I have been letting this one ferment for a few days just to get real good.



Peace Marchers:

Alright, listen up screw heads. I am sick and tired (gods I sound like my parents!) of all of you. First off, I do respect and have even defended your right to speak out on your point of view. Note I said speak, not yell. When a large group of people under 25 start in screaming about peace this and no Bush that I get irked. Now, understand I am no fan of Bushy at all. What I want to know is where you Platnum card carrying, nappy headed dreadlock wearing, patchouli stinking, seem to have an ingrained fear of soap and water, bunch of purchased your way into a subculture, suburban yuppie spawn get off!?!? You can not even defend your posistion, let alone have an intelligent discussion. You say stop the war, fine, good general idea. Now I ask why and your sheep like mentallity bleets back, cause people are dying. Okay, people have been doing that for centurys, but lets see something. How many people died under Saddam? How many were poison gassed? How many were totured and raped? Lets try this on for size; hundreds of thousands. How many died in the invasion? Less than 3000. Still 3000 is a lot of people, but that is just what is called a press count. They are not verifiable. Saddam killed 5000 in a single day (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2854019.stm). Thats in ONE DAY! He was a proto-Hitler and I am dammed glad we stopped him. Do not even mention sanctions and inspections to me. You people cry Inspectors, let them do their jobs, wait and see. We waited 10 years and nothing. Saddam carried on, promicing whatever we wanted to hear and people still died. The coalition forces have lost about 317 people (http://lunaville.org/warcasualties/Summary.aspx). They knew the price of freedom and paied it. There are your real heros in this story. When confronted with fact, your usual tactic is to try to shout down the person presenting them. Very effective tactic, it worked before .



Ask yourself this question:What have I done to deserve the freedom I enjoy?



For most of you, nothing. The freedom you have was earned with the blood of our parents and grand parents on back into time. Look them in the eyes and talk about inspections and how your right. Go out and talk to a Holocaust survivor and ask what they think. Ask them if we were right to stop him or should we have negotiated more. Go find a WWII vet and ask their opinion. Listen and learn. Read up on Prime Minister Chamberlin of Great Britan and see what he did. See the results of negotiations with a madman. That which is given and not earned is never appreciated. What have /you/ done to earn your freedom? No, you don't have to go join the millitary to protect your freedoms. Learn, be informed, make rational decisions, vote, hold elected officals responsable for their actions. Be a citizen, not a subject. Want to do something socially responcable? Go work in a homeless shelter instead of going to see a Phish concert. Take a vet to lunch and listen to them for a while. Go to a retirment home, visit and learn from our living history. Now can you look them in the eyes and say what you yell on the streets? That pain you feel in your chest should tell you something is wrong. You proport to live in the tribe of man, fine. Go learn from your wisened elders. Let nature take care of herself for a while, she did fine before you and I got here and will continue to do so. Sitting in the street does nothing but polish the bricks with your ass. Get off of it and become involved for real. I and my friends stood the line, and now another generation stands there protecting us. Where will you stand?

(Shouts out to Daniel W. - Hoo Rah! Good job! Carry on!).



There, I feel much better. Oh, one more thing:

Shouts and all the props to my Advisory Muse, Ravynn. There, happy now? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment