Saturday, August 23, 2003

Yea Baby, its my groove and its freaking me out!

Woo hoo!

Friday got pulled out of the shitter by Dan (The Fish) who came back to town from a long journey early. Well, not early perse, but none the less he was here and there was gamming. Not just any kind but old style gamming. We did not get to bed till 4am. I feel so much better. Sated the gamming beast for another week. Its my monkey, but I love it.



Today we are going to a party with some old friends of mine, Zak and Barbara. 3 hour road trip to see them, but it will be worth it. Drums, food and fun at Mayapple (Their farm)Tom and The Fish will be there too. This aught to be awesome. Might have to bring a recoder to grab samples of some of this music. You would not belive what we sound like together. It's all improv, but who cares, it rocks! Zak can play anything with strings I am convinced and has way too much bluesman in him for a little white guy. Barbara has a voice that belts out with power and clarity that you could see her coaxing the birds from the trees or the deer from the woods. Me, well, I can play 4/4 time on my drum :) Judi (when she relaxes and lets her self) can get her doumbek to kick with the best of them. The Fish aught to be our front man with his doumbek as well. We have more drums than a refinery, but what the hell, we like it. The Fish said Barbara is going to make jambalia. Whooo YA! I gurentee we all gonna be fat, hell ya!



Gee, think I am psyched about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment