Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Ah, the joys of technology

Ah, I am out in the sunshine with the wireless laptop enjoying a very good cup of coffee. Did a little more work on the sci-fi. I kind of got a boot in the butt from 2 authors I know. One just flat out raves about my work. Told me I missed my calling. So another chapter started and life is good. Been reorganizing it a little, I decided to write out a character that was just dangling in open space, no pun intended (For once) If there is a sequel, he will be back, but for now he is unnecessary. I keep meaning to transcribe some of my notes from tape to the blog, but I keep putting them off. at least they are not so much vapor like a lot of my ideas used to be. I highly recommend a small tape recorder for your car. Toss it in and don't be afraid to blather into it. Sometimes ideas can form from helpless and hopeless ramblings. On that note, it seems that my ramblings have become a little more coherent of late. Now, let me put this in perspective a little. Before they were just disjointed thoughts that seemed to go nowhere. I watched /Where the buffalo roam/ and /Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas/ again not too long ago. Hunter S Thompson infects ones brain if your paying attention. An infection one should seek out? Now there is an odd concept. Most people try to avoid them, but there are benefits. The ability to observe the human condition and relay those observations through simile and description are the paint of the writer. The brush can be the pen, pencil or keyboard. Much like sable, synthetic or exotic brushes can affect the finished painting. Let's hope I don't go drifting off in to the school of abstract art where only heavy chemicals can convey your meaning!



It seems strange that blogger sometimes recognises the punctuation and other times it will not, even in the same paragraph. One good thing about it is it has cut down my reliance on contractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment