Sunday, August 31, 2003

Sunday...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

After several days of putting it off, I'm updating the blog. Thursday got busy and slipped into friday then seemed to smear into saturday. On Saturday, I hit one of those memoents of clarity. You know , where you understand you are in the right place at the right time doing the right things. If you have never had one of these, well, they are nearly orgasmic. We had a hammer in at Robbins Crossing. What is a hammer in you ask? Well, a bunch of blacksmiths get together at some location and subject each other and any bystandards to lots of bad jokes and puns. Seriously, we get together and work or play as the fancy strikes us. Mr Norman Wendel showed up and brought one of his latest constructs with him, an electric trip hammer. If you do not know what one is, look it up on Google. It was most excellent to be around so many other smiths. Their work was fantastic and I learnd a few things as well. We teach eachother.



PS Dear Santa, I want a trip hammer. Any color will be fine. I have been a good boy this year and can produce sworn statemts to such. I will leave the usual offerings of cookies and moo juice. You have not taken it before so I am beging to wonder if you do not like cookies and are lactose intollerant. If you want a diffrent snack, let me know. I will even do Cajun or Chineese if it is more to your liking.



Anyway, that workday faded into a nap and shower and then gamming with almost everyone here. We moved it from Friday for scheduling reasons. Again, more fun. Didn't get to bed till almost 2 am. Friday night it was after 3. Needless to say it is now sunday and I am getting road rash from my ass dragging the ground. And there is still another workday at Robbins. I am glad monday is a holiday, I need the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment